Resources – FAQs
Answers to some of our most frequently asked questions are below. Click here to view the full FAQ brochure.
Q 1: How does Princeton Windrows differ from other retirement communities?
A: Princeton Windrows is an independent living retirement community that offers its residents all of the benefits of home ownership without the worries of maintenance and upkeep. Residents are able to stay in control of those items most important to them: their assets and financial future through home ownership; the delivery of their healthcare services and not being forced to pay for services they may never use; and their own daily lives through resident-driven committees shaping everyday life at Princeton Windrows.
Q 2: Who owns Princeton Windrows?
A: Each resident owns their own home. Princeton Windrows Condominium Association (PWCA) owns the common areas at Princeton Windrows and a private investment company owns the unsold units.
Q 3: What is the role of the Princeton Windrows Condominium Association (PWCA)?
A: Each new resident automatically becomes a member of the PWCA, which oversees the community’s common areas and services. Through the PWCA committee structure, each resident has a role, if they so choose, in monitoring and guiding the various services at the community, such as dining, housekeeping, transportation, security, and wellness.
Q 4: What is the financial standing of the PWCA?
A: The PWCA is financially sound with no debt and has replacement reserves of over $2 million. One of the association’s key strategies is to anticipate the community’s needs so it can be sure that its capital reserves are always well-funded. The association is also non-profit. The entire monthly service fee paid to the PWCA is used to provide services to the residents so they can be sure to benefit from every dollar of the fee.
Q 5: Who manages Princeton Windrows?
A. Princeton Windrows is managed by the Princeton Windrows Condominium Association.
Q 6: Does Princeton Windrows offer healthcare to its residents?
A: The Princeton Windrows Health & Wellness Center is considered the backbone of the community’s healthcare program. Management works with the Health and Fitness Committee to identify and evaluate health and wellness services and programs that foster independence and provide choice.
The Health & Wellness Center supports residents on three levels: in-house services, healthcare support services and established relationships with healthcare providers. A variety of seminars, fitness classes and clinics are available to residents and staff. And, while able to have choice in all of their healthcare needs, residents have onsite access to top-notch physicians if they choose. A number of qualified local physicians and specialists, including those in the Princeton Health Care System, hold regular office hours onsite including internists, an audiologist, a podiatrist and an ophthalmologist.
Q 7: What happens if I need additional healthcare?
A: If additional healthcare is needed, residents of Princeton Windrows can control the delivery of those services. Princeton Windrows, conveniently located in close proximity to several providers including Princeton Health Care System, allows this transition to be as smooth as possible by offering priority access to assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities.
Q 8: What is included in the monthly service fee?
A: Princeton Windrows has an all-inclusive monthly fee with:
- Flexible club-style dining with 4, 15 and 30 meal options
- Weekly interior housekeeping services and routine maintenance
- Chauffeured transportation available in private car or bus
- 24-hour security monitoring with on site security personnel
- Upkeep and maintenance to home exterior
- Snow and rubbish removal
- Complete care of grounds including trees and shrubbery
- Invitations to planned lectures, entertainment, social and cultural events
- Access to private house cable television channel
- Full use of all amenities from the various dining venues, indoor swimming pool, fitness room, library and more.
Q 9: What type of amenities does Princeton Windrows offer?
A: At Princeton Windrows, there is always something to do. Whether it is a game of tennis or bridge, book club discussion, water aerobics class, or trip to the theater, residents are sure to find groups and opportunities to meet their interests.
A variety of amenities includes:
- Four on-site dining rooms including the formal Princeton Room, the more casual Nassau Room, the Tiger Terrace Café and a private dining room.
- Health and wellness center
- State of the art fitness center
- Indoor swimming pool and spa
- Tennis court
- Landscaped walking paths
- Gardening Center and greenhouse
- Extensive library featuring resident authors and over 6,000 volumes
- Beauty and barber salon
- Pub and lounge
- Billiards room
- Card rooms
- Convenience store
- Computer center
Q 10: What happens when I need to re-sell my condominium?
A: Because residents own their residence at Princeton Windrows, they and their family can control the sales process by setting the price and choosing their realtor. The on-site Princeton Windrows Realty sales team members are also licensed realtors and are expert in selling the unique lifestyle at the community.
Q 11: How do I become a resident of Princeton Windrows?
A: Purchasing your new home at Princeton Windrows is easy by following the steps below:
- Choose your ideal location & apartment/villa style
- Choose your exact location
- Submit an offer on your desired property, including purchase price and closing date
- After negotiations are completed, sales contract will be drawn up and signed by all parties
- Within 7-10 days of the executed contract going through attorney review, 10% of the purchase price is due